Thursday, August 25, 2005

New Flash for MS Homeschoolers!

Peggy Petersen endorses homeschooling! It seems that Mississippi's Director of Compulsory Attendance doesn't think it's such a bad idea after all:
Q: My son was expelled from a public high school last spring. I thought I was going to be able to enroll him this month but I was told he has to stay out for a year. What am I supposed to do with him until the school says he can come back?

A: Peggy Peterson, director of compulsory school attendance in the state Department of Education, said a lot of parents who are able to do so will home school, if they can't get the child in a private school setting. Otherwise, they have to wait out the expulsion until the child can go back to school.

Apparently, it's good enough for her when the PS system doesn't want the child.

No comments: